Asahi Breweries Europe Group, headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic. We run 11 breweries in 5 countries and are lucky enough to brew famous beer brands, such as Pilsner Urquell, Kozel, Lech, Tyskie, Ursus, Timisoreana, Dreher or Šariš, all in their authentic way.
A Senior Treasury Accountant processes the Treasury Back and Middle Office activities. This is represented on one side by delivering of high quality Treasury accounting, control and compliance functions. This includes the understanding of complex Treasury transactions (internal and external funding arrangements) and accounting and reporting of financial instruments under International Accounting Standards (IAS 39 & IFRS 9). The next part is ensuring that the confirmation process and settlement of treasury transactions characterized mostly by FX spot deals, Money Market deals, FX and Commodities Derivatives deals and Bank Guarantees is administered in timely and accurate manner.
A Senior Treasury analyst also supports Front office in the cash and liquidity management activities for the CE businesses by processing the transactions via Treasury Management System and Electronic Fund Transfer systems. Also being support to Treasury Control manager in administrating bank accounts and supporting other departments on treasury related issues.
The key systems involved are IT2, Citidirect, SAP and HFM. A Senior Treasury Analyst supports Treasury Control manager in the area of maintenance and development of the Front Office control environment in all treasury systems and developing the capabilities of these systems and other technology to ensure that they continue to meet the continually evolving nature of Treasury as it relates to the CE businesses.
• Maintaining the treasury accounting function specifically:
• The preparation of treasury accounting, with a focus on debt, FX derivatives and commodity derivatives.
• Hedge accounting; from the sign-off of hedging documentation to the set-up of hedge effectiveness tests, monitoring of hedge effectiveness of reports, interpreting results, automation of journals within IT2
• Compliance with relevant accounting standards (most notably IAS 39 and IFRS 9)
• Management of the accounting for daily zero-balancing transactions across the group to ensure that the intercompany accounts and bank accounts reflect these transactions accurately.
• Assisting the Treasury team to achieve its vision of constant improvement, increased Straight through Processing and process simplification.
• Responding to ad-hoc business unit requests for support on treasury matters.
• Supporting Treasury Control Manager in managing the treasury control environment in all treasury processes
• Coordination with other Treasury colleagues in order to achieve operational excellence in Treasury Back and Middle office area.
• Supporting Treasury Control manager with Treasury regulatory process – AML, KYC documentations.
• Assisting Treasury Control manager in Static data management in Treasury Management System (IT2) and in Electronic Fund Transfer system (Citidirect) of the entire CE business.
• End-to-end processing of business unit requests for bank guarantees.
• End-to-end processing of business unit requests for credit cards.
• University Graduate with a strong finance background
• Qualified treasurer, or studying for a professional treasury qualification is an advantage
• ACCA or CIMA qualification is an advantage
• A range of relevant post-qualification roles in a large multinational
• Proven knowledge of a TMS system (knowledge of IT2 is advantageous)
• Deals confirmation and settlement process knowledge
• Knowledge of SWIFT is advantage
Language Skills: Fluency in English is essential
Commit to excellence
• Partner with senior colleagues to fully understand their requirements.
• Attention to details
• Proactively initiates, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with team members and stakeholders, particularly on a remote basis.
• Demonstrate the ability to cooperate with a variety of people and achieve results.
• Anticipate customer needs before they arise and present solutions to that address issues at hand.
• Understand expectations that were set with client and recognize when issues/events may affect delivery.
• Environment of growing company;
• Oportunity to work for top brands within the industry;
• Cooperation with senior leaders from all over the globe;
• Unique working place in newly designed offices in the inner center of Prague;
• Competetive salary and benefit program