Asahi Breweries Europe Group is a premium scale brewery group headquartered in Prague with operations spanning Czech, Slovakia, Poland, Romania, Hungary and with exports to over 50 countries. With over a 128 years of history, our portfolio includes premium local and international brands including Pilsner Urquell, Tyskie, Dreher, Kozel, and Japan’s most well-known beer Asahi Super Dry. With 11 world class breweries and around 8,000 people, we leverage our scale, our heritage, our brands as well as the capability and passion of our people to accelerate growth and the development of the category both locally and abroad.
The key focus areas of Senior Manager Direct Tax will be to manage and extend the capabilities of the ABEG Tax function with regard to the Group’s co-ordination and management of operational taxes, Corporate Income Tax in particular. Tax broadly includes corporate income tax, excise tax, value added tax, customs duty and related indirect taxes.
In addition, to that the role will be to manage Czech tax compliance matters of HUB, as well as subsidiaries not having its own tax resources (like UK, Switzerland or Netherlands) and to work closely with the Group’s Accountants, cooperating on Group Tax reporting matters.
The position will report to the Group Head of Tax and will encompass regular contact with the entire Group Tax team, the Group's Finance, and other functional heads finance staff within the business units. The position may involve some travel.
• To take primary responsibility for embedding operational level tax planning across the Group through the Local Tax Managers;
• To take primary responsibility for ensuring appropriate risk management practices regarding tax are established and maintained at an operational level via the Local Tax Managers.
• To oversee development, documentation and implementation of appropriate tax strategies for ABEG, ensuring consistency of approach, sharing of best practice and alignment with the Group’s overall tax strategy.
• To oversee the Group tax advisor base that serves the various business-units and ensure the most efficient level of service is provided from a Group perspective and ensure that advice is sought in a co-ordinated way.
• To provide toolkit for utilisation by Local Tax Managers for ensuring all ABEG business-units follow Tax policies and guidelines.
• To monitor quarterly Tax Operating Committee meetings, ensuring consistency of approach and sharing of best practice.
• To ensure adequate and appropriate tax resource is embedded within operations, assisting with recruitment and developing of existing local tax capability in operating units as required.
• To ensure that Group Tax function achieves effective business partnering on Key Business projects and Initiatives.
• To co-ordinate Local Tax Managers with regard to local / regional projects and major capex spend.
• To provide support to and co-ordinate quality and timeliness of tax reporting information.
• To oversee the Group transfer pricing strategy developed in conjunction with the Group Transfer Pricing Manager to ensure in line with the changing business needs and contemporary transfer pricing developments.
• Czech, UK, Dutch and Swiss entities (and potential other subsidiaries without tax resources) tax returns preparation, with or without of support of advisors, including (but not being limited to) management and supervision of:
• Tax notes for statutory accounts
• Tax computations and payments
• Claims and elections
• Tax controversies
• Minimum of five years relevant taxation experience, ideally Big 4 or within a multinational, most of which should have been post qualification
• A strong accounting and corporate tax background;
• Significant experience in working for a Czech, Dutch or UK parented multinational group
• Significant experience in successfully initiating and implementing operational tax planning (either major national planning ideas or multi-jurisdictional planning ideas)
• Significant exposure to and experience in working in an international tax environment
• Exposures to different cultures and demonstrates success in getting results in a variety of environments, cultures and locations
• Detailed knowledge of the Czech tax system
• Experience of project management
• People management and development experience
• Ability to interact with Senior Executives
• Senior Revenue authority inter-action and negotiation experience
• Fluent level of English
• Strategic tax planning experience in large multi-national
• Knowledge on the UK and Japanese tax system
• Successfully managed large tax audits in several countries
• Indirect tax exposure and understanding
Annual bonus and salary review every year
Flexible working hours
28 days off a year
Home office upon agreement with manager
Annual flexible benefits budget
Contribution to Pension plan
Budget for company products
Unique working place in the inner center of Prague
Environment of growing company
Opportunity to work for top brands within FMCG
Exposure to senior leadership from all over the globe
A culture of continuous learning including a leadership framework (according to career stage) and career development
.. and more!