Asahi Breweries Europe Group is a premium scale brewery group headquartered in Prague with operations spanning Czech, Slovakia, Poland, Romania, Hungary and with exports to over 50 countries. With over a 128 years of history, our portfolio includes premium local and international brands including Pilsner Urquell, Tyskie, Dreher, Kozel, and Japan’s most well-known beer Asahi Super Dry. With 11 world class breweries and around 8,000 people, we leverage our scale, our heritage, our brands as well as the capability and passion of our people to accelerate growth and the development of the category both locally and abroad.
The role of the Category Manager CAPEX is to develop and execute the category strategies with the objective to drive a sustainable procurement value, achieve budget objectives and actively manage suppliers, stakeholders and risks. Act as expert for the own category demonstrating an in-depth understanding of the relevant markets.
1. Define, implement and keep category strategy up-to-date aligned to business needs / priorities while striving for operational and transnational excellence and driving Procurement`s CSR and sustainability agenda.
2. Create insights using internal as well as external data to understand impact of market trends, competitors and suppliers on internal business requirements.
3. Develop and execute strategic sourcing plans to maximize the value for the business.
4. Deliver against targets/KPI, monitor & track results, initiate actions in case of any deviations.
5. Manage category related risks such as price volatility, supplier stability and volume assurance.
6. Drive collaboration with country teams to ensure strategic direction for relevant categories. Support development of category specialists (in and above market).
7. Build strong relationship with key suppliers, manage them actively and execute performance / quality controls.
8. Drive and participate in initiatives/projects relevant for category aiming at value creation/continuous improvement.
9. Acting as a change agent, drive discussions with business and lead continuous improvement projects aiming to deliver further Total Cost of Ownership and Integrated Spend Management opportunities.
10. Ensure in cooperation with relevant functions (e.g. Legal, Tax) that contracts with suppliers are in place.
11. Promote one-team spirit between countries and categories to enable best practices, synergies and leverage.
12. Ensure good compliance and governance by delivering against policies, processes and procurement standards. Support functional and financial reporting by ensuring appropriate documentation of sourcing / contracting data is available.
• University degree, preferably in Business related field (Master degree preferred)
• Proficiency in English
• 7+ years of professional experience, whereof 4+ years in Procurement
• International experience (from multinational company)
• Experience from an above-market role
• MS office advanced / Procurement platform/-s experience
Annual bonus and salary review every year
Flexible working hours
28 days off a year
Home office upon agreement with manager
Annual flexible benefits budget
Contribution to Pension plan
Budget for company products
Unique working place in the inner center of Prague
Environment of growing company
Opportunity to work for top brands within FMCG
Exposure to senior leadership from all over the globe
A culture of continuous learning including a leadership framework (according to career stage) and career development
.. and more!
Please send your CV in English!