Asahi Europe & International is part of Asahi Group Holdings, a global beer, spirits, soft drinks and food group with leading positions in European and Asia-Pacific markets, listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, Japan. As of November 2020, Asahi Europe & International Group runs 19 production facilities in 8 countries across Europe, and is the custodian of some of the best beer brands in the world, including Asahi Super Dry, Pilsner Urquell, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Grolsch and Kozel. Within the Asahi Group, the remit of Asahi Europe and International is also to develop and manage all export markets globally, outside of Japan and Oceania. Covering 90 markets and with over 10,000 passionate colleagues on board, the business is well positioned to inspire people around the world to drink better.
Location: Czech republic or Netherlands
As a part of the team, you will be responsible to develop and execute the category strategies for Utilities (thermal energy and electricity) and MRO related sub-categories, with the objective to drive a sustainable procurement value, achieve budget objectives and actively manage suppliers, stakeholders and risks. Specifically, on renewable energy (RE), initiate, develop and manage relationships, scout game changing solutions, mitigate operational, financial and reputational risks, demonstrate in-depth category knowledge and actively cooperate with our suppliers and customers to accelerate renewable solution capabilities and to decarbonize our operations, as part of Asahi’s Carbon Neutral agenda. You will be working closely with internal stakeholders from sustainability, technical and engineering, operation-manufacturing departments.
- Define, implement and keep category strategy up-to-date aligned to business needs / priorities while striving for operational and transactional excellence and driving Procurement`s CSR and sustainability agenda.
- Create insights using internal as well as external data to understand impact of market trends, competitors and suppliers on internal business requirements.
- Develop and execute strategic sourcing plans to maximize the value for the business.
- Deliver against targets/KPI, monitor & track results, initiate actions in case of any deviations.
- Manage category related risks such as price volatility, supplier stability and volume assurance.
- Drive collaboration with country teams to ensure strategic direction for relevant categories. Support development of category specialists (in and above market).
- Build strong relationship with key suppliers, manage them actively and execute performance / quality controls.
- Drive and participate in initiatives/projects relevant for category aiming at value creation/continuous improvement.
- Acting as a change agent, drive discussions with business and lead continuous improvement projects aiming to deliver further Total Cost of Ownership and Integrated Spend Management opportunities.
- Ensure in cooperation with relevant functions (e.g. Legal, Tax) that contracts with suppliers are in place.
- Promote one-team spirit between countries and categories to enable best practices, synergies and leverage.
- Ensure good compliance and governance by delivering against policies, processes and procurement standards. Support functional and financial reporting by ensuring appropriate documentation of sourcing / contracting data is available.
- University degree, preferably in Business related field (Master degree preferred)
- Proficiency in English
- 7+ years of professional experience, whereof 4+ years in Procurement
- International experience (accountability for delivering outcomes to/in different countries)
- MS office advanced / Procurement platform/-s experience
The following list of benefits applies only for the Czech Republic – other markets may vary
We will acknowledge your passionate and dedicated work by annual bonus and regular salary review.
You can look forward to 28 days off every year to recharge your batteries.
As we are firm believers in a flexible way of working, don‘t expect a time clock in our office. You can even work up to 50 % of time from your own home, otherwise, you can enjoy a unique working space in the inner center of Prague.
Every year you will get a flexible benefits budget to spend based on your preferences.
We‘d support you in planning your future so we will contribute to your pension plan, too.
Beside the opportunity to work for some of the TOP brands within FMCG, you will also receive an annual budget to savor the delicious taste of our company products.
Growth is our magic ingredient and key to your success so we will carefully see to your further career development. You can also benefit from working in a highly skilled team and exposure to senior leadership from all over the globe